About Me

The Shire epitomizes what the world should be. A place of happiness and peace. The greatest arguments should be about how much food one can eat, or who gets to host the next party. People should listen to the music of the world, and care less about the differences in each other.

Sunday, October 16, 2011

In which I find myself being alone

So it's been about a month since I got to the states.
It's different, being away from my family that is.

It's weird having to follow new rules, It's weird having to eat totally new things, It's weird living in a new place. But, it's also way fun because I've gotten extremely close to my friends and I've got to try loads of new things.
I'm utterly grateful to my friend Ali and her family for allowing me to stay with them my senior year. They've been absolutely welcoming and supportive.

But despite the fact that I'm surrounded by such great friends, I still miss my family.
It makes it a bit difficult to do school work, to have fun with friends, and "be a kid".

Maybe I'll get to visit soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment